Sunday, October 21, 2007

"Marquis Mafia" at its best


This weekend Chris' girlfriend Courtney was in town visiting so we all decided to drive up to Santa Barbara and hang out for a couple days.
Adam's dad has recently purchased a home on the top of a hill over looking the La Cumbre country club. He hasn't moved in yet so we thought it would be fun to sleep in this home completely unfurnished, I wish I would have taken pictures so you could really understand where we were sleeping. The home is a Mediterranean style home wonderfully landscaped complete with fountains, gardens, a pool (which was under construction) and three big flag poles out front but the inside has original art painted on the walls. In the family room there are cherubs on the ceiling, Renaissance people or "lurks" are painted on the wall along the stairway, a child's room with a fairytale theme and a library with Galileo (in the pictures). It definitely feels like a mafia home.
We were sleeping on blow-up mattresses and chose to sleep in the same room because we were too scared to sleep in some of those bedrooms. So of course the wind picked up every night, sleeping in this home with huge windows surrounded by trees blowing in the wind while we watched scary movies. I didn't sleep very well the first night that's for sure.

We still had so much fun- Courtney and I going running Sat. morning then watching the boys' tennis game at the club, lunch at the pool, walking around state street, a yummy dinner at San Ysidro Ranch and spending time with Matt and Ann's family on Sunday.

5 comments:

sadie said...

What's that book you're reading? Adolf Hitler? Yeah, definitely a mafia house.

jayna said...

Wow- that's, um, good times! Chris' girl is cute! Can't wait to see this mafia house next time we're in SB!

YPR said...

I'm just glad the fires haven't reached the Marquis Cosa Nostra Home. Sounds and looks like a very unique house. I trust downtown LA is safe from the conflagrations in Malibu.

Love, Dad

Mike and Kim said...

You guys look like you're doing so well. I miss you and I'm glad we've still kept in some touch over the years. That house seems like it is really cool, I would be freaked out to watch scary movies there too!

Annie Jane said...

I like the reading list.
-danny
you guys are our hippest friends! Sure fun to see your blog and your house!
-annie