Tuesday, May 27, 2008



The whole reason for going to Santa Barbara this past weekend was to celebrate Matt's 40th birthday. His wonderful wife Ann organized this whole event at my father in-law's place - complete with a photographer, henna tatoo artist, "virgin" daiquiris at the bar plus a DJ from LA to dance the night away. The party was amazing and I had full intentions to photograph the whole thing but of course the battery on our camera died right at the beginning of the party.
Some of the highlights from the weekend was spending time with all the Marquis siblings, playing tennis, sitting in the jacuzzi for hours while eating Rusty's pizza, and listening to a special musical number at church sung by Adam, Michelle, Matt and our niece Maddy.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Megan Loves Life said...

wowie! the Marquis' sure know how to throw a party! how fun to go all out like that!

LauraP said...

Okay you look gorgeous in that picture in the blue shirt! Love it. What a fun birthday party idea!

Sara said...

The party looks awesome! When I plan Ben's 40th I'll call you to get all the details!

Sherrie said...

Hey Melvin, this is your mother, not auntie sherrie. You look beautiful in that photo with the flower behind your ear, and your blue shirt. Where'd you get that smile? From your mom, right? Adam you are one lucky guy!

Ty and Holly said...

What a fun party...love your hair with the braid. You look so cute!

Kristi said...

That party looks amazing, I love the colors, the center pieces and everthing. That makes me want to turn 40. Okay maybe not but I'm ready for a party!!!

SUMMER said...

That party looked amazing. I better get one like that for my big 4-0!

falslev family said...

The party looked spectacular! As well as the LA Marquis couple. Mel you looked gorgeous... wait, have you heard that before?? Adam looked stunning too. Fun times.

jayna said...

Looks amazing! It was fun to see so many Marquisesess in one place! (Sophie is so big already!)