| I feel that there has been so much going on lately, some to share on the blog and others less important. In fact, I should not be blogging right now because I need to be packing for our trip to Hawaii but I knew if I didn't post something it would just add one more month before another post. The above picture has no significance other than the fact that I love pictures of sleeping children. Merrick can whine all day but when he sleeps, he can do no wrong. |
| Over a weekend, near the end of August, we were invited to spend a night up at the campground Refugio, just 15 min. north of us. Our friends, the Magid's, called months in advance and sat online for hours just to get a weekend here. So we were happy to stop by for a night...or so we thought. |
| Gettin' dirty with the "hoc" (helicopter) |
| The Magid Family |
| Refugio is right on the beach so we spent the day paddle boarding, surfing and just enjoying the sun and scenery. Later that afternoon we got cleaned up, ate dinner and put the kids to bed. Merrick fell asleep great considering this was his first time camping (we put a pac n play in the tent). Adam and I had just fallen asleep when Merrick woke up crying, wheezing and not being able to breathe. Since the campsites are right on top of each other we rushed Merrick into the car as to not disturb everyone else. We tried to get Merrick to calm down so he could breathe but nothing seemed to work. The harder we tried, the more hysterical he became which added to more coughing and wheezing. Since we weren't too far away we just drove home right then and there. The next morning we drove back up to help take down all the gear and then drove home again. So much for camping! Merrick's been fine since, just some croup-ish coughs at night which lasted for about a month. His next doctor's appointment I will be asking questions about asthma and allergies. |
| Here are some pictures of how we spend some mornings...Merrick is half undressed, dirty faced and playing in my car. Since our laundry room is right off of the garage I can load/unload laundry while I still keep an eye on him, and it's not hard when the horn honks every few seconds. |
4 comments:
Has Adam seen these pictures of his "rag muffin" child! He looks so cute and peaceful when he sleeps :) I love those cheeks!
That is scary about Merrick's wheezing...hopefully it was just a one time thing! Camping looks like fun and isn't it funny how long kids can entertain themselves "driving" the car:) Hope you have fun in Hawaii!
Merrick is so big and so cute. Holy cow! Hope you are doing well!
It's scary when your kid can't breathe for sure! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Good thing you were close to home! YIKES!
I'm officially in love with Merrick. If you're ever driving through St. George, please stop by!!
Post a Comment