Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mr. Mazda Man

This weekend my friend Jaime was in town from CO so we met up on Sunday night and then spent the day together on Monday.
It was great seeing each other again!

On our way home from shopping I was driving behind a Mazda Miata that was going too slow for my liking so I passed him and moved to the other lane. The next light I was stopped at, the old man in his little old car asked me to roll down the window and asked "Where's the fire?"
"Excuse me?"
"Where's the Fire? You were driving like you had to get to a fire"
Long pause as Jaime and I processed what was going on then I said "Umm...I have a time commitment?" and then the light turned green so I sped off to my fire!
Jaime and I just started laughing at this very strange man and his peculiar comment, especially when I wasn't even driving that fast, probably the speed limit. He was just going too slow. For some reason whenever Jaime and I get together we always end up in odd situations with people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were glad to hear you are finding a few fun things to do and don't have your noses to the grindstone all of the time. Keep it up!

YPR said...

I can't understand why someone who owns a Miata DOESN'T drive as if there's a fire. Well done.

Living In Love said...

I'm totally going to use that line the next time I see two crazy girls driving too fast! ;)