Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update!

I haven't posted in a long time so here is a little update with our lives so far...


It was one of the hottest weekends in Southern CA so we had to spend it at the pool. Our nephew Marcus loves the water and had no fear being tossed in the air by uncle Adam.
If you look closely you can probably see the sweat dripping off of my face - it was so HOT that day!
June 19th Courtney took out her endowments for the first time in the Newport temple and it was great having a lot of family around for that special night. The next day the Marquis sister in-laws and Adam's mom all threw Courtney a bridal shower down in Dana Pt. It happened to be the hottest weekend and I was dying at the restaurant, even though it was air conditioned. Please don't pay attention to our shiny faces!
The shower went really well and the Marquis girls are all so happy to welcome Courtney into the family in 8 days!


Adam and I went out to dinner one night at Ketchup to see what all the hype was about. It was definitely filled with girls, girls and more girls all in huge groups celebrating birthdays, bachelorette parties, who knows! The appetizers were fun, we weren't too impressed with our entrees but my GIANT cookie ice cream sandwich was good...just too enormous to finish. Mel's Diner was right across the street so Adam made me pose for a picture. I wasn't too excited, I wanted to eat there before I snapped a picture next to it...but my nickname is Mel!

While my sisters were visiting in June, Adam went to Mexico with his brothers, dad and brother in-law. It worked out perfectly having Adam gone while my sisters were here, especially since we live in a loft. After my sisters left I was a little sad being alone for 3 days until Adam came home but I was so happy when he did!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are surviving the heat but I guess that is one of the prices you have to pay to live in L.A. Thanks for the update and we are looking forward to seeing you at the Emmett reunion.

Miller Time said...

You two are livin' The Life! You are always up to somthin' fun. Luv Ya! I am just jelous and wish my life was as carefree..

Mike and Kim said...

Looks like you guys are having a great summer! Last year when we went to Newport Beach with my family, we went to the Newport temple to do a session. I absolutely LOVE that temple. It is so beautiful. I really want to visit it again sometime. You're lucky to live so close to such a beautiful place.

jayna said...

Looks like so many fun times! We wish we could come celebrate Chris getting married!