Friday, October 3, 2008

Adam Turned 30...Yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtEJSMEPjhU

Here is a little video of Adam as a young boy showing off some of his dance moves. His brother posted this yesterday and I'm stealing it today. I know I'm a day late but I didn't have time yesterday to post. Better late than never, right?

Also, I would like to add my 30 reasons for loving Adam:

1. He makes me laugh
2. He has some great dance moves, as you can see from the video
3. Falling asleep while he plays his guitar (acoustic, that is)
4. He is such a hard worker and never complains
5. He is always striving to be a better person, or asking me how he can be a better husband
6. I love the history lessons I will receive on punk or rock music
7. I love that he honors his priesthood and knows so much about the gospel
8. I love that half my clothes are ones that he has picked out for me
9. His musical talent
10. When we were dating Adam would leave little notes for me on my windshield while I was working (we both worked at the mall). I have saved all of them
11. I love that Adam knows when to ignore me if I'm in a bad mood. He will let me complain and never gets upset (or lets me know he is upset or annoyed)
12. I love that Adam is willing to stop off at the grocery store on his way home from work to pick up groceries because he knows how much I hate grocery shopping
13. Plus, he enjoys cooking and will then cook dinner!
14. I love Adam's passion for surfing
15. I love that Adam will get his feelings hurt if I don't feel like going out and trying to surf with him, he loves it that much!
16. Adam loves his nieces and nephews, I love watching him play with them (or tease them)
17. I love his dimple chin! I hope I have a son with the same chin!
18. Adam will walk in from work everyday and give me a hug before he does anything else!
19. I love that Adam can't sit still and talk on the phone, he has to pace. Sometimes I will count how many times he will circle our apartment
20. I love the faces Adam makes while playing his guitar - and the "music land" he will enter so quickly by himself or jamming with his brother Chad
21. I love when Adam will use my arm for a guitar or bass while listening to music
22. I love the concerts we go to together and that he is willing to take me along
23. I love that Adam will watch Gossip Girl and The Hills with me on Monday nights
24. Adam is always quick to give me compliments or tell me I'm beautiful at random times throughout the day.
25. He lets me be a back seat driver
26. I love his artistic talent and the paintings of his around our place
27. I love that he wrote me a song for my birthday last year
28. He always has little surprises for me whether it is a small gift or a weekend away somewhere
29. I love that he is going to be a father soon and I know he will be the best Dad!
30. I love that he loves me unconditionally!

11 comments:

SUMMER said...

I am peeing my pants... that video was GREAT! Happy Birthday Adam! Welcome to the 30's club!

Ty and Holly said...

Ty paces on the phone too, what's up with that? Happy big 30 Adam...Ty is right behind you. Aren't you glad we married old men :) I am. Hope you had a good celebration for the big 3-0.

YPR said...

Okay, I've changed my mind. No way that Da Vinci had dance moves like that - Adam is the TRUE Renaissance Man! I laughed out loud at his "Anchors Away" interpretation with the sailor jig.

Anonymous said...

We have always thought he was a "keeper" and are even more convinced now. What a thoughtful stepper!

jayna said...

Happy Birthday Radam! We love you!

Sara said...

Happy birthday to Adam! He's going to have to show us those dance moves sometime soon. Hope you guys had a fun weekend!

Side note-my parents were in town this weekend and last night Ben leans over and whispers 'Do you think your parents would mind if I left and went over to Adam's to play Halo?' Nice, huh? You will be seeing much more of my husband.

Cardon & Whitney said...

ha love that video! HAPPY B-DAY TO ADAM FROM US! and YES! that would be SOOOO wonderful if you and court came to visit, I would LOVE IT!

Gavin and Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Adam! I can't get the video to come up yet, but I'll check it out. :) CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! You will be amazing parents!!

Jesse said...

I will be celebrating this birthday soon as well. I loved your list and I loved the way you told the grandmothers about your baby. I'm so excited for you! Miss you big time.

Megan Loves Life said...

I feel like I know a little more about Adam, and I like him even more! Abigail just walked up to the computer and said "Adam". I have no idea how she knew that!

Megan Loves Life said...

Oh and Happy 30th Birthday Adam!