Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Too legit to quit - 1st Mother's Day

Thursday Merrick & I went to the Huntington Gardens in Pasadena with other mommies from LA. It was very, very hot but fun to get out & walk around the beautiful gardens.

Friday night Adam & I drove to Newport to celebrate Chris' 27th birthday with friends & family.

Sunday picnic in the park...Uncle Chad & cousins chillin with Merrick

So Cozy

Merrick loves to hold onto his blankets or his mommy & daddy's clothes, especially when he starts to get sleepy.

Enjoying the great outdoors


Our feast!

Cousin Briggs - "Can Merrick have some root beer?"


Aaahh...Loves from Mommy on her special day

Our first official family photo besides the hospital!

I know I've only been a mother for 2 months but I had a wonderful mother's day being a legitimate mom this year. I love every minute I spend with Merrick, he is such a great baby!



12 comments:

Paige said...

Congratulations! Looks like such a fun Mother's Day with great weather & everything :) I love that you said Merrick loves his blankets (or anything that resembles one). Bruce is such a blanket boy & it's so cute to see them snuggle up to a blanket as their eyes get droopy. You guys look great - darling little family!

Ty and Holly said...

Oh Merrick is already so big! Happy belated 1st Mother's Day. Feels good doesn't it :) Merrick is a cutie and you look great!

Jessie said...

Okay, I am dying over how cute your baby is. Im lovin' the scooter print baby blanket, too. Did you make that?

I had a class with your hubby at UVSC {hospitality law}, and a friend of mine went on the same mission as Adams brother Chris. I found your blog through Chris. Just in case you were wondering.

Thought I would say HI!

Anonymous said...

The joy and happiness you both feel now is just the beginning. Now you may kind of know why we love our grandchildren, their mates, and their offspring so much. Keep it up~

Stephanie said...

Merrick is such a cute baby! When are you coming to Utah so I can see him?

Mike and Kim said...

You look great after just having a baby. Merrick is adorable!

Mindy said...

Merrick is as darling as ever. I agree, one's first Mother's Day is wonderful. Can't wait to see your little man in person!

LauraP said...

Love the family picture, too bad we couldn't put it in the book. Next year I guess. I can't wait to see him, and I'm telling you right now that girls camp better not get cancelled cause I'm coming out in June anyway!!

Laur said...

Merrick is so perfect. I just love him. And I'm happy to see that one of the blankets is being put to good use. love you guys!

Rachel said...

He's getting SO big...and you look AMAZING!!!

Mike & Cheryl Hilliard said...

OK, he's a doll! Just don't tell your 4th child how many pictures you took of your first!
We need you to email over your family photo for our wall!
Hugs, G-ma Cheryl

Megan Loves Life said...

I don't know why I'm surprised... but you look great for just having a baby! And Merrick is SO DANG CUTE! I love his funky blanket!