Thursday, November 5, 2009

While Adam's Away....


...Merrick & I will fly to Utah!

A couple weeks ago Adam had to fly to Italy for work and I wasn't too excited about spending 5 nights alone. My grandpa Emmett has recently been diagnosed with cancer and had just arrived home from the hospital after removing some tumors a couple days before I flew to Utah.
Merrick had only visited his great-grandparents once in July but I of course never snapped any photos. It was wonderful to see them a couples times during my trip. I loved visiting Utah this time of year but just seemed to always be cold, I didn't think the warm weather of CA would affect me so quickly. Merrick loved all the attention he received and it continued on the plane ride home. There was a couple sitting next to us on the plane & the wife really wanted to hold Merrick the second we sat in our seats. She continued to play with him through take-off, the drinks & snack, and eventually he fell asleep in her arms during the rest of the flight. I didn't know what to do with myself, I wish I had brought a book to read or something. Thank goodness for SkyMall!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post and the photos of the two old codgers with your husky son. It was good to have you here and we are assuming you will come back when you can.

Miller Time said...

Looks like a fun little trip!

Ty and Holly said...

I want to pinch and pull on Merricks cheeks!

YPR said...

Wonderful collection of photos with M@M.

LauraP said...

Oh I miss Merrick! I just want to kiss those cheeks

Annie Jane said...

I know I say the same thing every time I comment on your blog over the past few months but I can't help it! Merrick is ADORABLE! I LOVE those big chunker cheeks!
Your haircut is cute too. How do you like living at Dana Point? California looks like a really fun place to live...

adrienne said...

It was a very fun weekend and I already miss those chubby cheeks!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa...Next time we really should get together but I know you get busy seeing all your family. Merrick is so cute I have to meet him.