Today our bundle of joy is 9 months. I keep looking at his newborn pictures as to never forget how tiny he was at one point. I'm trying to ingrain it into my mind.
Doctor stats revealed he was:
30 in. long - 95th percentile
22 1/2 lbs. - 80th percentile
Some of Merrick's new tricks would include crawling, clapping, acrobatic diaper changes, and pulling himself up on the most difficult pieces of furniture where he is bound to bump his head. He is yet to use the couch or leather ottoman but instead chooses wood chairs, bookcases & fireplaces. His favorite item to play with is still the guitar but a close second would be his dad!
Merrick will clench his fists when he gets upset and goes crazy for pretzels and the little biscuit cookies. We've had to put those treats on hold for a little while until he can chew them better. I can't even come within close proximity to his mouth to scoop out pieces without Merrick throwing a fit.
"Da Da Doe" is his choice phrase. He will make the "mmm" sound when he gets upset...I think that may mean mommy (or at least hoping). He is starting to say "Ought Oh" in his own baby version and pat-e-cake is his new favorite song.
We still go crazy for his cheeks, but who couldn't!
Doctor stats revealed he was:
30 in. long - 95th percentile
22 1/2 lbs. - 80th percentile
Some of Merrick's new tricks would include crawling, clapping, acrobatic diaper changes, and pulling himself up on the most difficult pieces of furniture where he is bound to bump his head. He is yet to use the couch or leather ottoman but instead chooses wood chairs, bookcases & fireplaces. His favorite item to play with is still the guitar but a close second would be his dad!
Merrick will clench his fists when he gets upset and goes crazy for pretzels and the little biscuit cookies. We've had to put those treats on hold for a little while until he can chew them better. I can't even come within close proximity to his mouth to scoop out pieces without Merrick throwing a fit.
"Da Da Doe" is his choice phrase. He will make the "mmm" sound when he gets upset...I think that may mean mommy (or at least hoping). He is starting to say "Ought Oh" in his own baby version and pat-e-cake is his new favorite song.
We still go crazy for his cheeks, but who couldn't!
6 comments:
His "mmmmm" when upset reminds me of his mother back in the day . . . "Don't want to!" The kid's got kissable cheeks for sure. Hope to see him for dinner over the holidays.
It is our assumption that you plan to keep Merrick and we fully agree with you - he is one cute little boy!
Wow, what a cute kid.
If Merrick doesn't gain a pound for 10 months he'll be in the 10th percentile. I know because we just took Lily to the Dr. and she too was 22 lbs.
Ugh...I want to KISS those cheeks! I can't wait to see him in a week.
I love his cheeks and I love his tricks. He is so perfect Melissa.
I can't believe he is 9 months already. He is such a cute little guy. I also think those are some of the most kissable cheeks around. He is darling!
Post a Comment