Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How we spend our days...

One of Merrick's favorite things to do is hop in the shower with Adam in the mornings. Adam brings in an array of toys for Merrick to play with so during the day while I'm doing other things Merrick will hang out in the shower & play.

While we were unpacking, our niece Mary Jane came over to play with Merrick & keep him entertained. Merrick loves Mary Jane, we're so happy when she's around!

In our new place Merrick is able to touch the TV and will stand too close if cartoons are on. I brought out his little chair from his room just to see if he would sit in it. I walked away to unpack some items and when I came back Merrick was just lounging. It is now his TV chair!

The weather has been so nice I snapped a few shots of Merrick walking around our backyard patio area. Condo living gives you limited outside space but I'm very pleased with our back patio. There is plenty of room for Merrick to run around and get some fresh air, plus our pool is right behind our unit which makes me happy. We've already used it a few times in the last month. 

While I'm trying to cook Merrick likes to rearrange the items in the fridge...
  this is Merrick's reaction when I tell him we're done playing in the fridge. I love tantrums!

 Merrick got over the fridge fiasco fast & moved onto his other favorite thing to do - throwing all his books onto the floor! He actually loves looking at books with me and we have spent many hours reading the same books over & over again.

 
We are really enjoying our new place and being here in Santa Barbara. Merrick took a little longer to adjust to his new room but with a little sleep training this week, I think (crossing my fingers) Merrick is back to his usual sleeping self again. Merrick is learning more words every day. He loves to make animal sounds, he signs "please", "more" & "cheese". He's still obsessed with trucks or "gucks" and calls many items "guck", it doesn't matter how many times I tell him it's a bus or airplane he will still say "guck". 
He loves to ask for dad during the day & will also look at pictures of himself & say "dad" - I guess we know who his favorite person is! Merrick is at a fun, playful age & keeps us on our toes for sure.

*Please forgive my long post, I've had some catching up to do

13 comments:

YPR said...

Merrick's tantrum reminds me of someone . . .. All he needs to learn is "Don't want to" and he's ready. The photos certainly support what you were describing the other night. What a handsome lad.

adrienne said...

It is about time! Your condo looks really cute in SB...I can't wait to come and visit!

LauraP said...

I was so happy this morning to find TWO posts from you! Merrick's room is so cute I can't wait to see the rest of your condo. And I'm super excited to see Merrick and listen to his talking and tantrums!

Jessica Reeves said...

He is so cute!! Don't you love all the messes they make? My house is always a disaster!

Megan said...

so fun that you are all settled in santa barbara. next time we're up there we'll need to come see you guys! btw- the rug in merricks room is so super cute!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a never ending round of lay while taking care of Merrick. It also sounds like he is a joy to have around.

Shanna said...

I'm glad you started posting again! I was thinking about you last week, wondering what you were up to!

Cardon & Whitney said...

Merrick's such a little cutie. your condo in SB is cute too! how fun!

jayna said...

He's so roly-poly and adorable!

Mike and Kim said...

I love your long post. Merrick is really growing up and the picture of his tantrum is hilarious. He probably keeps you on your toes :) Keep the posts coming and good luck adjusting to your new place!

Mindy said...

Oh, aren't babies/toddlers the best thing in the world, tantrums and all. Merrick is a cutie, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one reading the same books over and over again to my child everyday. Your condo looks cute, especially Merrick's room.

Jessica Wells said...

I love Merrick's lounge chair! Those pictures of him walking in your patio area are way too cute of him as well! Siena loves rearranging things and throwing tantrums when she's told to stop or clean up so hopefully she didn't teach Merrick that skill before you moved:) We loved seeing you guys when you came down but wish we had more time with you! we'll plan something soon(sorry for the essay of a post)

Jesse said...

I love your pictures. Merrick looks so cute!