We had our first offical visitors arrive the end of June. By "official" I mean that they stayed longer than 2 days and I had to be in charge of entertaining them.
It was so fun having my mom and sister around again. Merrick was taken care of, I barely had to lift a finger. If Merrick was fussing, needed a diaper change, was hungry, etc. I literally just looked at my mom or my sister & sat there until one of them got the job done!
Laura made a little book for Merrick with pictures of his 1st year of life & then some of his "favorite things" on the last page. He usually turns straight for the last page because there is a picture of a dump "guck".
Unfortunately we did have one day in Santa Barbara where it was pretty cloudy & drizzled most of the day, so we ventured over the mountains to Solvang, the little Danish town. Well, over the hills it was HOT & Sunny! I was dying of heat & had to buy a t-shirt so I wouldn't sweat all day. Poor Merrick & his rosy cheeks but he loved pushing his stroller around & walking in and out of all the stores. We did cause a little bit of a scene after leaving a toy store.
Everyone has to ride these little surrey bikes at least once while visiting Santa Barbara...it's what the tourists do! Merrick had to wear a helmet since he was under the age of 18 and I thought he would hate it but he never really cared or even noticed!
Merrick didn't last too long on the bike before he wanted to get down & walk around so once again I sat there while his Grandma entertained him.
Of course on the last day we have beautiful sun!
After my mom and Laura left I couldn't understand why I was so tired the next couple days and I finally figured it out...I had to take care of my child again!
*side note: Adam was out of town for a few days while they were here. It may seem like I leave him out of all the fun but we was working.
7 comments:
I love those pictures on the carts! Super cute! And that picture of your mom and Merrick on the beach is beautiful.
Everytime I see a truck, in my head I hear Merrick saying "Guck". I would gladly come back out and take care of Merrick, he was so easy to take care of! Oh and Adam did get to enjoy a movie while I was there.... so he didn't miss ALL the fun!
How fun for you, I loved it when my mom and sisters came to visit too. It is so nice to have extra help!
You need to be a photographer! You are amazing.
I love the shot of Merrick alone in the surrey bike. He has that commanding look of knowing where he's going, why he's going, and what "guck" he's going in.
Merrick with his helmet, so cute! He is such a little man now.
I can't wait to come and visit and ride the bikes!
Post a Comment