Monday, August 16, 2010

Red Rock

Adam had told me about a place up in the mountains called Red Rock that he went to as a child. It's a little swimming hole of sorts with that big rock you can see in the first photo. One Saturday in July we made the drive up with our friends, the Hyde's, and hiked up to the main swimming area.  Adam fore-warned me that it can become more of a "party-scene" at times but I wanted to check it out anyway. There were plenty of people but we found a shallow spot where the kids could swim around, snapped a few photos, watched a couple crazy guys jump off the very top of the rock, and we were on our way back to the car. We all went back to our place & got in the jacuzzi and pool -- a successful Saturday in my book!

5 comments:

LauraP said...

How Fun! It kind of reminds me of 1st dam or Tony Grove Lake up in the mountains.

Chris and Courtney said...

How fun I want to do this next time we are up there!!

Jesse said...

So fun! You are the cutest hiker I have ever seen.

adrienne said...

I agree with Laura...looks a little like place in Utah! How fun!

Jessica Wells said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I would definitely call that a successful Saturday!