Monday, March 3, 2008

HAPPY BIRFDAY Ms. Melissa!














Today I wanted to wish my Sweetheart a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

One of the things my Melissa always questions me on is: "You've made all of this music in your life, but have never written me my own song."...I wonder if Picasso's wife demanded similar requests from him...oh, wait, Picasso was Gay, I think. Nevertheless, I scribbled down a song a few months ago, and all I thought about was my wife the entire time. It's no "With or Without You" (by U2) and the lyrics are somewhat elusive, but I like to think the guitar adds some dreaminess to the song. So Melissa, I'll play it for you when you get home...or when I am not sick at home from work.....Here it is on paper...sorry no title.

For I could tell you a story which is true,
I knew a woman, her eyes fallen from blue;
A lonely impulse, terrible beauty is born…
What voice more sweet than hers.
___________________________________
Polite and meaningless words came over him,
As people on the pavement look away and grin;
There yet remains what fashion cannot kill…
It becomes a place where she can hide.

CHORUS
And her road goes up and his road goes down –
But their paths combine for a day …of satisfaction…
As the days go by and a month’s a year –
Caught in the middle of all…this attraction…
Call the story want you want, but don’t dare covet mine.
________________________________________

His eyes now fix her in a formulated phrase,
Her subtle movements, which follow him for days;
Packed a handful of whispers, helped him to his happy place…
She pays attention to his failing game.

CHORUS
Call him what you want…but the woman loves his kind.

Hugs and Kisses to my beautiful wife!! xoxxxo Love, A-

10 comments:

jayna said...

Ohh- how romantic! Much more grown up than sippin lemonade with Donnybrook. Happy Birthday!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! I hope you got my text earlier.

Ty and Holly said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday!! I emailed and texted you earlier too :) Hope you had a great birthday!!!

Misty said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!

sadie said...

Sorry a day late, but happy birthday, too. That sandwich looked good.

Anonymous said...

Much more romantic than we ever were but if time-in-grade counts we haven't done too bad - just look at our posterity. Congratulations to you both!

Annie Jane said...

Happy birthday, Melissa! nice work adam

Mauri said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! Sorry I'm a little late. I hope you had a good one.

Kathryn said...

Well Melissa, some friend I am. Totally missed your birthday. With such a sweet husband, I'm sure it was a good one.
Thank you so much for watching my little girl. You are a fantastic babysitter.
-Karthryn

SUMMER said...

Happy B-day Melissa! What a nice song that Adam wrote you. :)