Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Update


The school that I work for gave us a whole week off for Spring Break so I decided to fly to UT and spend time with my sisters and mom. It was nice to not have an agenda besides a little skiing. I miss my sisters terribly and wish I could live closer to them but I think I've done pretty well over the years being able to travel and see them or for them to come visit me.
When I planned my trip I knew my friend Sadie would be pregnant and close to giving birth but I didn't think I would actually be able to visit her in the hospital! Her little boy CJ was adorable and so fun to hold. I can't believe my girlfriends are becoming moms already!

To finish my week in UT I met up with my girlfriends, Jesse, Holly, Emily and Stephanie, from high school for dinner. We hadn't all been together for two years so it was a lot of fun. To top off the night Jesse announced her engagement earlier that day! I have some great girlfriends and I love being able to stay in touch and catch up on life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sadie said...

I guess I forgive you for putting up a hospital picture of me. I was so glad you could come, and little CJ keeps asking when he can see Aunt Melissa again. He's pretty smart for a two week old baby.

Mike and Kim said...

That is so great that you get to go home and visit a lot. I miss my family too and it's hard to be living far away. Someday we hope to move closer. That is so exciting for Jesse to be engaged! Tell her congrats for me.

LauraP said...

I just looked at the skiing picture and laughed out loud and I can't stop laughing! Ha Ha

Sara said...

I love your green shirt. Where did you get it?

Megan Loves Life said...

i love the picture of all of you in your gogs! So cute. And I miss you and your sisters terribly too :)

Mindy said...

It looks like you had a fun time, cute pics! I love Emily Shaw, she used to crack me up so much back in the day!

Annie Jane said...

It is nice to see pictures of your mom and sisters, I really like your plaid shirt!