Monday, April 14, 2008

You, Me & Dupree

This weekend Adam and I went down to Palm Desert to finish off the rest of the time share that Chad and Kim were using with their kids that week. We had two huge rooms plus a kitchen available so we invited Adam's best friend Nick to join us. Adam and I have been on plenty of little getaways with just the two of us so it is fun to have friends around when available. Since it was just the three of us, the joke the whole weekend was Nick being "Dupree" from the movie. So in some of the pictures you may find some "lurk" style poses from Nick. We had a nice relaxing weekend being in the heat and sun...even though L.A. was just as hot as the desert this past weekend!
The trio snapping a "lurk" picture at the J.W. Marriott on our way to the pool. I loved when the man taking the photo looked directly at me and asked "do you want that guy to do that to his eye in the picture?"

Tennis Anyone?
Just young boys at heart

One of the pools by our unit had this little chair-thing dangling over the water. When we walked in I thought "Oh fun, a swing!". I was soon informed it is only to help people get into the water. Oh, shoot. So I had to pose by my swing that I couldn't play on and post this picture Nick photo shopped of me sitting in it. See, it looks like fun huh?

7 comments:

adrienne said...

Good Times...Good Times...
I love the photo shopped swing picture!

LauraP said...

I'm jealous that you are in the heat...it snowed in Logan yesterday and I could see my breath outside this morning! I love the tennis picture with Nick lurking behind the tree..hilarious.

paige said...

That's some pretty good photo shop work! Hopefully it will soon be warm enough for a swim suit around here... even though it just snowed again last night ... :(

Mike and Kim said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the picture of you on the swing, how funny. Those pictures make me so excited for summer!

Ty and Holly said...

Is that at the Desert Springs resorts? So nice, I can't wait to get into some heat. Ty and I are going to sizzling AZ next week. I am in major need of some sun therapy! Looked like fun though! You guys are lucky to have such a variety in CA for so many fun getaways! Ty and I seriously want to come out soon. He has an uncle out in CA that he wants to visit and he said he would consider making it a mini vacation so we'll have to meet up and play too for the weekend if we come out!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a good time was had by all - if not, you sure fooled us. You will probably forget the times you worked but remember the times you did something and had a good time together.

Jessica Reeves said...

Hey Melissa! How are you doing? I found your blog and I was so excited to see what you are up to. You look gorgeous of course! I hope things are going well! We'll have to keep in touch!

Jessica (Johnson) Reeves