Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kauai Mo Betta

On Dec. 13th Adam and I headed to Kauai with our friends, the Hyde's. We were there for one week which happened to be during the same time as one of the biggest storms in Hawaii in the past decade. There was flooding in Oahu with plenty of rain & clouds in Kauai but we made the best of it & enjoyed our lazy days.
Some of the things we didn't photograph included dune buggies in the mud (pregnant women excluded), massages for Adam & I, snorkeling & getting kicked out of the Grand Hyatt's swimming pool!



Yummiest Hot Dogs Ever!


Waimea Canyon

This was the best we could see of the canyon - on our way to the very top. When we arrived to the top all we could see was a sheet of gray clouds...oh well the ride up was nice.

Danny & Adam building their crocodile in the sand to give tribute to "crockin" it - kind of looked like a croc/T-rex in the end (this was for you Crofts!)

The muddy walk to Kipu Falls

The Falls we walked to the top of - it didn't quite look like this, the water was running much faster because of all the rain! (stole this photo from the web)

Crossing the river above the falls - I chose to NOT cross and just snap photos while sitting on the rocks. Adam and I had been to Kipu falls 4 yrs. ago so I knew what I was missing.
"Crockin" it across the river





Annie & I with Hanalei Valley behind us - North side of Island


Adam and I bought a few water colors from this guy

Bubba's Burgers in Hanalei



Adam chasing a rooster


Wailua Falls

9 comments:

YPR said...

I'm going to have to visit this Hawaii place. Looks pretty nice, even in the rain.

Miller Time said...

Ooooh, don't you love Waimea Cyn? So pretty. Looks like a wonderful time even though the weather was nasty.

Schoenstars said...

oh melissa! you're pregnant tummy is SOOOO cute!!! you guys looked like you had so much fun in kauai. i'm totally jealous! i'll just sit here at my desk at work and watch the snow fall.

LauraP said...

Those hot dogs look sooo good! And yes I got your birthday message, sorry I didn't call you back, but Thanks!

Annie Jane said...

Okay so that Kauai tribute put mine to shame! Melissa's blog "mo betta!" Loved it! I saved almost every single picture to my Hawaii file. The picture of you and Adam above the Grand Canyon is gorgeous. You both look so beautiful/handsome. (sigh) What a fun time!

Mike and Kim said...

How fun!!! You guys look like you always have such a great time. And Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!

Danny said...

Chandler wouldn't like this post.

johnEboy said...

Brings back so many memories. Beth was pregnant both times we went to Kauai so we have like the exact same photos.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a good time on your visit but you weren't even close to the seight limit!