Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lifesaver...literally

We had one of those scares that most parents fear...when your child can't breathe & is gasping for air. Merrick was pretty congested last night but around 1 am he was really having a hard time breathing. We turned the shower on in the bathroom & waited for the room to get nice & steamy & then suctioned his nose with this wonderful contraption. We did this all over again at 4:30am as well.

A friend of mine gave this to me at a baby shower, her brother in-law is an ear, nose, throat doctor & he suggests this for really stuffy noses, so do I now! Bulb syringes are great for getting the boogers out but this thing really sucks out the mucus. Merrick was finally able to breathe, eat and get some sleep. I don't think we could have cleared his nose enough if I did not have this wonderful nasal aspirator. Mothers with young children should buy this, I highly recommend it.

11 comments:

Miller Time said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. What a scary feeling! That contraption looks awsome.

Shanna said...

I'm totally getting one of these. Those stuffy noses are way scary.

LauraP said...

So where can you buy one? Do you have to be a doctor to get it? I'm glad it saved the little guys life :)

YPR said...

I'm glad to hear it's "snot" more serious and that Merrick is breathing better.

Stephanie said...

Poor little Merrick, and poor you! You need to post some more pictures of him.

adrienne said...

Wow...what a scare!

Annie Jane said...

I need this! My littlest is almost 2, but I swear I could still really use this thing! Where do I buy one? I will look it up...

Ty and Holly said...

I am so buying that! Where do I find one...Liv always seems congested. Though I laugh sometimes because she snorts a lot, it is pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to use the aspirator but glad it worked. Look forward to godd and bad times in the future because you will have both.

Kathryn said...

Glad to hear the snot sucker did it's job. And glad that Merrick's nose cleared out. Nothing makes me more nervous than sick kids.

Megan Loves Life said...

What a scary feeling!! Sounds like you handled it though. I would freak out and Kim would be calm. It's so calming to be prepared though huh?!?