Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mr. Merrick Turns 2!


Merrick turned 2 on March 16th, which was a Wednesday. Adam and I didn't really have any plans to celebrate his birthday until the weekend so I decided to drive to Disneyland for the day. My sister in-law Courtney and her son Caden met us there so we spent some time in California Adventure. After Courtney left, Merrick and I made our way back to the Magic Kingdom for more rides his size. It was pretty crowded that day so we really only went on a few attractions...the favorite is still Small World for me and partly because you get a break from the hot sun! Since it was Merrick's birthday I actually bought him a little Mickey car, that huge ice cream sandwich and a big Mickey balloon as we were leaving the park. It was a fun day, just the two of us at Disneyland. Merrick behaved really well and we both left happy!


The family celebration:


Merrick blowing out his candles

Devouring his cupcake - notice his custom shirt made by Adam...Merrick's old word for truck was "guck". He has upped his vocabulary, thank goodness!

Aunt Courtney and cousin Caden

Caden was ready to help Merrick open his gifts!

We invited family over to our place that Sunday to have some dinner, dessert and opening of presents. Of course the whole week we had great weather but once the weekend hit it rained non-stop ALL weekend long! Since Chris, Courtney and Caden were in town we went to the zoo on Saturday in between the rain storms but that's about all the weather would let us do. Kind of a bummer weekend so I was glad we went to Disneyland earlier that week. 

5 comments:

YPR said...

I LOVE the "What the GUCK! T. In fact, whenever I post on Facebook or text or Tweet, I'm using WTG for all my expressions of surprise. And I'm loving the hair.

LauraP said...

Happy Birthday Merrick! He looks so grown up. I love his little lips when he is blowing out the candles. So cute!

sadie said...

So jealous of your day in Disneyland. It probably snowed here that day. What a lucky two year old.

jayna said...

His hair kills me- so cute! What a sweet boy!

Laur said...

oh! merrick is so darling. I can't believe he is 2 and that you are well on your way to having two kids!

I have to say i think merrick is looking more and more like YOU!

Love you, cant wait to see you soon!